The University of Mississippi is proud to announce a partnership with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. to offer a new student insurance plan through UnitedHealthcare. This is an optional health insurance plan available to all students with at least 9 course credit hours and their dependents. Students with existing health insurance should have no need for this coverage. This plan is compliant with The Affordable Care Act.
Who is eligible?
- All domestic students with at least 9 credit hours
- All international students are required to have health insurance. International students in a temporary nonimmigrant status, other than H-1, will be automatically enrolled in the health insurance plan after registering for courses with the charge being added to the bursar bill. Some international students may qualify for a waiver. Contact the Office of International Programs at 662-915-7404 for more information.
- Graduate students on assistantships will be automatically enrolled in the plan unless they have other coverage and choose to waive participation. For questions please contact the Graduate School at 662-915-7474 or email@example.com.
What's in the plan?
- Student Health Center Benefits: Copays will be waived and benefits will be paid at 100% for Covered Medical Expenses incurred when treatment is rendered at the Student Health Center for any services listed in the schedule of benefits.
- Student Health Center Referral Required: This plan includes a Student Health Center Referral Requirement. No benefits will be paid without a referral from the Student Health Center for outpatient services received from a provider other than the Student Health Center. However, NO referral is required if Medical care is received when the student is more than 50 miles from
campus. Refer to the plan Certificate of Coverage for additional details and exceptions.
- Plan Deductible for in-network: $250
- Coinsurance: 80% of allowed amount for covered medical expenses. Insured responsible for 20%
How do I enroll?
Enrollment for Spring 2022 opens January 3, 2023, and closes February 20, 2023.
Click HERE to enroll! Coverage will begin January 15, 2023.
What if I need coverage after the enrollment period?
If you experience a Qualifying Life Event such as loss of health insurance coverage, no longer eligible on your parent’s health insurance, marriage, etc., you can enroll in this plan for the remainder of the current coverage period. Fill out the Qualifying Life Event Request form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with payment or mail with payment to:
PO Box 809026
Dallas, TX 75380-9026
This form must be completed within 30 days of the qualifying life event.
Who do I contact with questions about enrollment, benefits, or claims?
Student Health Services does not manage the enrollment process. This is done by UnitedHealthcare so please contact UnitedHealthcare from the contact information below if you have any questions about the enrollment process or need to make changes to your plan.
Customer Service: 1-800-767-0700
Got A Question? Submit form