Student Health Services will continue to operate with normal business hours. However, in order to meet the urgent health needs of our students who must return to retrieve essential items Monday, March 16 – Wednesday, March 18, our appointment system will have the following changes:
For students returning Monday-Wednesday, if you believe you have been exposed to a person positive with COVID-19 or have returned from an impacted area AND are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Difficulty Breathing
We ask that you call the following number: 662-915-3700.
Here are the operating hours for this line:
Mon: 9 am – 5pm
Tue & Wed: 8 am – 5pm
This hotline is not manned by Student Health personnel. However, the call center representatives will be trained in how to address caller questions and connect you to the appropriate resource.
If it is determined that you need to speak with someone in Student Health, you will be transferred by phone for further screening. If you are not symptomatic, you will be asked to self-monitor and follow up with your at-home provider if you start experiencing any symptoms as dictated by CDC guidelines.
You may also call the below COVID-19 hotlines for screenings or concerns while in Oxford:
Appointments for Monday-Wednesday
- We will have Appointment-only Clinic for Urgent Care/Sick Visits. We will not be accepting Walk-ins. It is very important that a student calls ahead to be seen in order to protect other patients and our staff as recommended by the Mississippi State Department of Health.
- Urgent Care/Sick Visits include but are not limited to the following:
- Ear/Eye Infection
- Upper Respiratory Infection
- Visits that are not Urgent such as Annual Exams, Physicals, STD tests, Follow Ups, Lab Only, etc. will need to be scheduled with your at-home provider or can be scheduled at a later date if you are staying in the area. This is to allow more capacity for urgent care and limit potential exposure to healthy patients as recommended by the Mississippi State Department of Health.
- Immunizations and Allergy Shot pick-ups will be available by appointment. Existing prescription refills can be coordinated with your established Student Health provider by phone.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we take action to provide the best quality care for our university population.